"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Monday, June 1, 2009

New Original Corgi Art!

Here's my latest original painting.
It is called, "A Christmas Corgi Bodacious Bone Bonanza"

Here's a sketch I did pre-painting. I am always intrigued at what process my fellow artists use when they are creating a new piece. Sometimes I sketch and plan. Sometimes I just dive right in with a juicy brush. This intricately detailed painting was a definite sketch and plan piece. A keen eye will notice details in the finished piece that were not in the original concept. They just develop as I go. How do you work when you create something? Are you a sketcher and planner or a diver who jumps right in?


I just listed it on Ebay. Pop over and take a look at the listing to see
more details about the painting by clicking the Ebay link below.
Happy Monday my little Corgettes! xo xo -CS ^..^

Sold! Thank you! More goodies in the works....CS ^..^


My items on eBay

19 comments:

Esther said...

Wow, that's awesome!

Anna M said...

Since I work in fiber it's a bit different. I peruse the wall of color and pick one. Then I decide tonal or mixture and play with palettes. I'll blend a batt, sometimes two with different methods and see which one I like best. Singles are destined to be Batt Bites, 1/2 oz mini batts and the ones that I like I make more of for the shop. For me it's all about color and what works for me that day.

Linda said...

I don't paint, but appreciate those who do. This is funny and precious and very imaginative!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Wowza girl!! I loooove it - especially the one stealing the bone! Wonderful creative idea!! Hee hee!!! I do love WIPS too!
Sarah

Life with Fuzzy Ones said...

What a imaginative theme...showing corgis true to form by being mischievous and loving bones. I love it! Best wishes with the eBay
auction. L.

Steph said...

Hey Girlfriend,

Love it, love it, love it! You are SO gifted and talented. Best of luck with the auction!

Love,

S

ClassyChassy said...

This is absolutely wonderful! I bet you get tired of the compliments everyone gives you.....

Chatty Crone said...

Fabulous. I can't draw or paint a lick!

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Ha ha, the subject is hilarious and so well done artistically! Love the corgi hanging by the dino tail :D I usually don't have the patience to plan things out before I draw/collage, I'm sort of a jump in and do it kinda person, but sometimes I regret it after the fact... and for a piece as intricate as this, I think you're very wise to sketch it out first (and the sketch is a superb piece by itself!)

Infrared Goggles said...

OK, I am officially bidding on that amazing piece now. How adorable and clever!
Warmly,
Christiane

Roseann said...

Hi Cat,

I love the details in this piece. It's wonderful!!! Hope you do well on e-bay! Keep up the great work!

ro

ocmist said...

I'm sure THAT one will go for WAY MORE than I could ever come up with and still be worth every penny of it! How utterly adorable! I can just see my crew lined up or figuring out how to get into there like those courageous little rascals!

I usually sketch out my ideas too, and then make a detailed sketch before working on the color... I'll pop over to Ebay, though so I can get an idea of the true size of your finished piece.

Liz Harrell said...

This is SO fabulous! It makes me smile. I just love the way your mind works. :)

Angie said...

Cathy- Your artwork is amazing! I love your latest painting. I'll certainly be back.

Linda said...

This is wonderful and amusing, such a great amount of detail. Lindax (Artwolf)

Tanya said...

You are SO talented! I LOVE it!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I agree, some things really need drawing out, like the lines of the building and the bones in your sketch. I would have started with a drawing for that too. Also, if I am using watercolor, I have to sketch. If I am using acrylic, I rarely do.

By the way, that sketch is just wonderful!

B said...

I'm so jealous!!! I'm lucky if I can draw a straight line. LOL

michele said...

Loving the new corgi art. You are so creative! I would never have thought to send them to a museum!