"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Monday, April 6, 2009

Big fun. Stupid computer things. Big fun, again.

Big fun. A couple of weeks ago we had the opportunity to see Craig Ferguson doing his stand up comedy show live in Purchase, NY. We were so happy to have had the tickets way in advance because it seemed like a full house and we had fantastic seats. My face hurt from laughing so hard. I've posted here before about how much we enjoy his show at our house. He is on late night CBS (photo from his Late Late Show website on http://www.cbs.com/ ) but do set those Tivos! He makes me laugh every day. Just the right combination of smart and silly for me. And Lord knows we can all use a laugh.


Stupid computer things. I have a love-hate relationship with my computer. Last week I hated it. A lot. I decided to use a program that would help me to organize my emails and mega-folders and, (nutshell version to spare you the agony) I lost a big bunch of stuff. Important stuff. A lot of it. I know, I know, I should have back up. That's what I thought I was doing by using this program. Lesson learned, the hard way. I cried for 2 days and now I'm better. (sniff, sob, really I am.....) I'm researching better ways to save and organize my computer things now. If you have anything saved on your computer or in email company servers, please learn from my mistake and get your stuff backed up and save yourself the heartache. If you have sent me an email that I haven't responded to or any requests, would you re-send to me at christmascorgi@gmail.com?
Also, (most sad about) all of the adorable photos of your Corgis that you've sent to me. Please, do send them again so I can put the box of puffs away.

Big fun, again. So the other night my friend visited (thank heaven for aerobeds!) and we got some Chinese take-out. Fortunes in our cookies around here have been getting stranger and stranger lately. I'll post some of them that we've kept one of these days. I'm wondering if the fortune in my latest cookie has anything to do with what I'm doing tomorrow.


I'm very excited about it. I guess it is sort of a small party that I was invited to. Strange customs? Hmmm....I hope not. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow when I get back. For now, I'll tell you that it involves a trip into Manhattan, a radio station and Billy Ray Cyrus. Sleep tight my lovelies. xo xo -CS ^..^

2 comments:

ocmist said...

Nice to see you back. Been there and done that on the computer... TERRIBLY FRUSTRATING... I've been thinking that I need to back up again on this one, and this just underscores it.

Hope you have fun at your party. Linda from OC's blog

^..^Corgidogmama said...

So glad you're back Cat!
That man is so pretty....and he's funny too...now, that's a deadly, lethal combination!
How's your studio re-do coming?
Would love to see photos!
Finally Spring in Indiana, hope you're seeing some blooms and greening in N.Y.