"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Monday, June 9, 2008

A Splash Of Color...

And lest Suzanne think we'd let the day pass without remembering a little touch for her Make Your House A Home challenge, I give you my petunias. I bought these a couple of weeks ago when I got the fuschia plant (a.k.a. birdie nursery, looking more pathetic every day and fiercely guarded by the resident egg sitter...) and my has it grown. I had originally intended for it to hang in one of the usual places around the house. It is such a riot of color that I just decided to give it a place where it can really be seen and hopefully continue to grow. Sooooooo.....I bought this pretty scrolled bracket at the nursery down the road and hung it outside of this railing so you see it when you pull up into the driveway. It is such a pretty sight and a lovely 'welcome home.' Late yesterday we had quite a windy rainy thunder-and-lightening storm and Miss Petunia stayed securely hooked to her new bracket. I think she likes her spiffy new spot. Grow baby, grow! -CS ^..^

1 comment: