"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Monday, June 30, 2008

My New Old Train Case




This old cosmetic or 'train' case has traveled with me to many an overnight trip and many a dog show. She is quite old and her lid has a little creak in it when you open it. She has some worn out spots here and there, and a small thin crack in her tray which I am always careful to remember when the urge to overstuff it presents itself. I like to keep her stocked with duplicates of favorite toiletries and cosmetics and hair brushes so when I am ready to go, she is too. Her aqua blue satin ruffles that hold the mirror to her lid are a little crooked, but still charming to me. For the last Monday of Suzanne's Make Your House A Home Challenge, I decided to do a little something special just for me and give this old case a new look. (Hey, if mama ain't happy then nobody's happy, right? :) ! ) The case is always out in my bedroom and I do find myself going into in quite frequently. I purchased these German Victorian avian and floral scrap from Donna at Blue Bird Lane on Etsy and a few from Tinsel Trading Co. in NYC. Donna also had some lovely vintage seam binding in some lovely aqua and turquoise colors that were calling my name so I bought those too. I decoupaged the little birds and flora all around the case and then wrapped the handle with the lovely seam binding. I really liked the way it turned out! I will post a photo of it in the morning. -CS ^..^
p.s. I'm hoping that some of the photos we took with Mary Elizabeth's camera at the Corgi Convention turned out. If they did, I'll post them for you in a couple of days. It was such a fun day, but such a hot scorcher of a day that we really didn't take too many photos. When the Corgis were not on the walk along the Hudson, they were hiding in the shade. Except for Bridget, who for some reason felt the need to climb onto my lap and be fed ice chips while her hot breath slobbered my neck! Cat ^..^

No comments: