"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Monday, April 27, 2009

Our first egg! Oh happy day!


I can't believe my eyes. Finally! FINALLY! Our first egg! There it was, just laying there in the nesting box. Oh joy! Oh happy day! I don't know which of the girls laid it, but thank you Abigail or Josephine, two of the most spoiled Silver Laced Wyandottes on the planet. Hopefully the start of more eggs to come. -CS ^..^

8 comments:

ClassyChassy said...

Such a memorable day!!! Happy Egg Day to you!

Anonymous said...

Well it's about time! How old are those girls now?
You will soon be addicted to "farm fresh" eggs!
YAAAAYYYYY!
PS, I LOVE the underwater corgi!

LaVonne

^..^Corgidogmama said...

This is really eggciting!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm even excited ♥ Congratulations. I hope you get more. Keep us posted.

Susan said...

I am happy for your girls ... and you??

Life with Fuzzy Ones said...

Congratulations!I remember the first time my Rhode Island Reds(Daisy and Rosie)laid eggs...but just wait until the first chick hatches...such fuzzy cuties.

Roseann said...

Congratulations! You thought this day would never come! Hope it's the start of many, many more!

ro

Steph said...

Hope the girls got over the shock of it all!!!!

Love,

Steph

PS What did you do with the inaugural egg??