"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Barn Blessing

On Saturday, Reinwood Corgis had a Barn Blessing and Blessing of the Animals in celebration and thanksgiving for Mary Elizabeth's new barn. The Reverend Larry David McCormick (known throughout Corgidom as Father Mack) performed the absolutely lovely ceremony; assisted by Mary Elizabeth, my daughter Laura and myself. We were joined by family members and friends (well, those who were not at dog shows and agility trials!) and we had a delicious potluck lunch in the barn. Mack blessed the barn and all of those present, human, equine, canine, etc...enlightened us with a wonderful homily and lead us in prayer. A good time was had by all! Here are a few photos of the special day at Windcrest Acres. Thank you so much, Father Mack, for making the day one we will always cherish. God Bless us, Everyone!-CS ^..^



9 comments:

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Such a lovely gathering! Love the top right photo where the corgi looks completely entranced with his/her people's plate of food :) They look so lovely in that photo with the horse. Corgis are the best!

Tanya said...

I'm jealous! I want to go to a barn blessing full of corgis! How wonderful!

I really enjoyed your pictures :)

Lori Lynn said...

What great photos, and what a great day that must have been!

Anonymous said...

That looked like a lovely service! What a great gathering of friends and critters and FOOD--I can't think of too much better. I agree, God Bless Us--Everyone. dana

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a special celebration. Remy's new girlfriend is a pup from our puppy (small breeds) social hour on Tuesday nights, a corgi named Tinkerbell, what a sweety she is! I'll try to get a photo of them tonight.

Anonymous said...

Love it all! That is some barn! I could live in it, but then you know me!
Things have changed since I last looked at your blog. Lots of fun little additions. I will be a follower as soon as I sign up. ;-)

LaVonne

Liz Harrell said...

OH! Wish there was something like that for schnauzers.

Lorie said...

What a beautiful gathering, What fun! My kids and corgis would have loved to be there.
Lorie

Suzanne said...

Wow! Wish I could have been there with you:-) I may have snitched a male corgi though, better I wasn't ...LOL!