"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Farmers' Market


On Sunday, John and I stopped at the local 'Farmers Market' at the little antique shop in Scotts Corners, Pound Ridge, NY. We certainly could not resist all of the tempting homemade goodies and incredibly fresh local produce. Delicious blueberry and cranberry orange scones, thin dark buttery chocolate chip cookies, eggs from local chickens (mine haven't laid one egg yet!) perfect tomatoes, the sweetest corn, cukes, melon, basil, zucchini and juicy peaches all came home with us. I think one of my favorite sandwiches is a plain old tomato sandwich with mayo, salt and pepper on good toasted bread...only in Summer though when the tomatoes are fantastic. What's yours? -CS ^..^

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite summer sandwich is hearty wheat bread with fresh tomato, red onions, avocado and bacon. Add Mayo and enjoy!

Kelly Henderson said...

Avocado and tomato on toasted spelt bread with butter and salt! Haven't made it to our farmer's market yet this summer. I need to. Your inspiring me to get there. There's just something about buying your veggies and fruit there--it always tastes better! Love your cute pooches.
Kelly

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

Wow, those both sound delicious. My friend Mary Elizabeth always puts avocados on everything...I don't know why I forget to buy them. They are so yummy! Cat ^..^