"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Aqua this and aqua that....


Saturday I had tea with Steph and Ro at our favorite little tea shop before it closes its doors. (sniff, sob) Do pop over to Susan's blog as she is having a fab little giveaway. Steph gave me this cool Hallmark card which she said reminded her of me. I love the colors in it. Ro surprised me with one of my favorite sparkling wines; Nando Fragolino. It has a hint of strawberry. Yummy. Just look at how she wrapped it. Have you ever seen a bottle of wine wrapped so beautifully? I'm being drawn to aqua lately. Purple always catches my eye, in fact when I got married, my bridal party wore a lovely shade of purple. Then I was in a bright red phase for a while. I even had a room that was painted the most gorgeous shade of red which I had hand stenciled sheaves of wheat across the top in a linen white. It was so pretty. Then we moved and my red room was left behind. Last summer I was drawn to a particular shade of green, like a kiwi or granny smith apple green; which accounts for why most of my micro Corgi paintings were photographed near granny smith apples for size! For some reason, lately I am drawn to these oceany shades of blue-green-turquoise-aqua . They say that most artists experiment with color then go back to a 'clean palate' before experimenting again. We'll see!-CS ^..^




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great friends you have! When you have great friends, you are rich indeed. You go, girlfriend!
rgb