"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Saturday, September 27, 2008

It's Raining Cats and Corgis out there...

Why is it that the day I make an appointment to have my hair cut, it usually rains? (insert big sigh here....) Shayne, my hairdresser, does such a fantastic job, especially considering I usually resemble Medusa when I walk in. Then I have to go out to my car and it gets so poofy. The rain and humidity combination just release the beast that is my hair, no matter what product we put in or how I try and cover it with a rain jacket. Now now, I know it doesn't affect the state of the union or anything, but just once or twice I'd love to have my hair look like it does when I leave the salon for a few hours. What, do I need to start checking the Farmer's Almanac before I make an appointment? Geez.....


Anyway, I hope the rain lets up soon. The wind and rain keep me thinking about and praying for everyone that was in hurricane Ike's path. Tomorrow is Mayflower's Fall Match being held in Windsor, CT. Details are up on the web site. We are having a conformation match, obedience, rally, Canine Good Citizen test and a fluffy exhibition. Mari Carroll and Judy Pilat are chairing the match. There is a pavillion which we've all squished beneath in the rain before; but the park is so nice, I hope it dries up a bit so we can spread out and not have muddy wet Corgis. See you there? -CS ^..^

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hope you had fun at the Mayflower event! I want to see pics with lots of corgis!!!