"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Thursday, January 24, 2008

Let's Have Tea!

I have friends who are coffee drinkers, and friends who are tea drinkers. We enjoy both here in the Santarsiero household. For some reason every day around mid-afternoon we always reach for the tea. Sure, there are some great teabags out there; but for some reason it justs tastes better when we brew the loose-leaf tea. Now before you go ahead and think that we are sitting here with our pinkies up; I will tell you that tea time around here every day is pretty informal. Most of the time I have to make sure I am dipping my juicy paintbrush into my water glass rather than into my tea/coffee cup (come on, I know you other artists out there have dunked into your drink a time or two!) I picked up this little box of 'scone mix' from Williams-Sonoma at Christmas time. They were pretty good, actually. Of course the strawberry preserves and clotted cream didn't hurt either. My daughter and I are very fond of these personal sized 'bee house' teapots. They have a mesh insert where you put your tea and then you simply pour in boiling water from the kettle, brew for 3 minutes or so and voila! Aren't those little tea cozies darling? They are made by Susan at one of my very favorite haunts in Connecticut. http://www.tpartyantiques.com/ She uses vintage fabrics and antique buttons and they are just the perfect size for these little pots. Actually, it was Susan who gave me the idea for my 100th post blog giveaway...I was the winner on her blog! Oh, you'll find me on their blog somewhere, they wouldn't let me leave without a photo! (We bloggers are obsessive about photos!) I am becoming addicted to 'Susan's Blend' tea. Completely delicious. Well, better head off before a Corgi eats the scones! -CS ^..^

No comments: