"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Inspired by a rat?

I am quite often asked where the inspiration for my artwork comes from. I am inspired by so many things. The inspiration doesn't always manifest itself in a painting, however. Have you seen the movie Ratatouille? We watched it Saturday evening. It is quite clever. For those who haven't seen it, I won't spoil it for you. I will tell you that it is about a rat who dreams of becoming a chef. I spent the better part of Sunday cooking up a storm. I cooked a huge batch of pasta sauce, chicken soup, lentil soup and roasted some chicken as well. All of it went into the freezer in dinner-sized containers. Of course the Corgis never left the kitchen and every now and then I'd see a little nose raised to sniff and eyes peeled for any morsel that might drop to the floor. Even my daughter decided to bake a cake at around 9 PM that evening! With the holidays around the corner I have so much painting/orders/gift making/baking/decorating that I love to do. I can only order take-out so many times before feeling like a slug. There are nights when I'm so tired that I would gladly have a bowl of cheerios and hit the hay. What a gift it is to be able to pull something delicious out of the freezer. Even if you don't do a marathon cooking day, if you double a receipt (a Tasha Tudor term for recipe!) to freeze every now and then, it really helps on those busy days! Try it! -CS ^..^

No comments: