"Life isn't long enough to do all you could accomplish. And what a privilege even to be alive. In spite of all the pollutions and horrors, how beautiful this world is.
Supposing you only saw the stars once every year. Think what you would think. The wonder of it!"--Tasha Tudor



Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Keeping up appearances?


While I believe that all moms are working moms, I often wonder how so many working moms always manage to look so 'put together.' I really tried to start the day off well. I woke up, fed the wee beasties, threw a really good chicken and artichoke recipe into the crockpot. After a day of homeschooling my brilliant daughter and painting; I decided to bathe a Corgi. The combination of my frizzy hair and the humidity from the tub equals bigger, frizzier, wicked hair. I headed to the post office to mail a painting and while standing in line, I notice that people are staring and slightly backing away. This is not the first time this has happened. My fears were realized upon returning home and finally having a chance to actually look in a mirror. The combination of the blue paint on my face, big hair and tartan scarf made me look like Mel Gibson could have cast me in Braveheart. I think I need to stop freaking out the good people of Harrison. -Cathy ^..^

Click the Ebay icon to the left when you are done browsing my blog to see my lastest Pembroke Welsh Corgi Original paintings on Ebay!

No comments: